Asparagus & Marscapone Puff Pastry Tarts
1 pound of frozen puff pastry dough, defrosted in fridge
1 bunch of asparagus, sliced in half lengthwise and cut to fit
5-6 ounces of marscapone or goat cheese
Ground black pepper
Grated Pecorino cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Gently cut the puff pastry sheets into your desired shape/size.
3. Arrange the cut pastry on the baking sheets about 1-2 inches apart.
4. Assemble the puff pastries by gently spreading about 1 tablespoon of cheese on top of each pastry followed by a few pieces of asparagus. Sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper on top of each one. Lastly, finish by sprinkling 1 teaspoon of grated pecorino cheese on top of each pastry.
5. Bake the pastries for 20-25 minutes, turning the baking sheets halfway through cooking time.
6. Slightly cool before serving and enjoy!